Sunday, November 01, 2009

Trick or Treat


Halloween is typically my holiday. I decorate with lots of pumpkins, a talking skeleton, straw bales..... you get the picture. It just didn't happen this year and that is fine.
Sola is in the second trimestser, I have a new job (that I love), new grass everywhere. Life is good.
So this weekened, Duane and I made a deal. No cooking. It's a pretty weekend (a Texas phrase) and we are maxing our time outside. And then I changed my mind. I wanted pizza.
I went to the grocery store and purchased items for a pizza on the grill. A treat only to understand when you eat here.
I carmelized onions, sliced fresh mushrooms, diced artichokes. The pizza was layered with toppings and two types of cheese. The grill was heating.
A masterpiece if I do say so myself.
The doorbell rang - a large entourage of candy seeking missiles. Cute - as a neighborhood Dad carted them away in a wagon following a tractor we returned to the house.
At some point Duane exclaimed, "What happened to the pizza?!!!!!" Aliens must have decended and scrounged the toppings. The crust was almost bare. I hope they get lost in outerspace.
Duane and I went to bed hungry.