Sunday, November 08, 2009

Meet the crimson queen.



Meet Sola. She is a12 year old thoroughbred mare. Her foal is due May 31, 2010. Ruby or Rocky.
This baby started in the spring when I drove by my neighbor's farm and sighted a brand new wet foal on the ground. A few hours later, I saw him standing for his first meal. It was then I decided it was time to have our own.
I called Holly and asked to bring Sola to Texas for another baby. And now "we"are expecting. (Sola was my mare in Texas and Kansas. Holly accepted Sola as hers a few years ago, finished Sola's re-hab from a nasty neurological infection and has a beautiful foal).
We are technically in month five of eleven - the second trimester. The journey started weeks before conception with choosing the stallion (Thanks ~A!!), timing the cycles, bringing my veterinarian out of repro retirement and timing collection and Fed Ex (there is no fun to be had with conceiving this baby).

At night, I rest my hands on the side where the baby is growing. Life is good here in Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment